Well friends… we certainly had an October to remember! We want to give a huge thanks to the staff members, board members, volunteers, survivors, and supporters who made magic happen over the last month. October is a time to raise awareness, support, and funds for breast cancer and every year we are blown away by how many businesses, restaurants, community organizations, elected officials, and community members come to us to raise support and awareness for the cause. Thanks to YOUR INTEREST AND YOUR EFFORTS, we are able to come together and turn awareness into action. As a local organization, we rely on local fundraising efforts to help fund our mission and programs of breast cancer support, mentorship, and education in the community. NONE OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU!
Just a quick recap… on our October to remember!
- We had thirty-three (33) partnerships and breast cancer events throughout the month. This number does not count the many donations we received from generous supporters who just came together on their own and donated the proceeds to DBCC. This includes Dewey Goes Pink, which raised $95,000 and the Georgetown Car Show which raised over $10,000 among many others.
- We had fourteen (14) month long partnerships throughout October. These were businesses who ran month long promotions to support the cause.
- Winner for the “Most Bizarre” funds raised goes to WSTW who auctioned off a pink unitard worn by one of their DJ’s throughout October at various events. They chose DBCC as the recipient of the funds. Custom Coatings & Designs bid and won it for $500!
- Twelve (12) new partnerships came in during October. These are organizations who we haven’t worked with before and we are grateful they came to us!
- The State of Delaware’s Women’s Mobile Health Screening van spent 18 days on the road screening throughout the state which averages to a little over four screenings a week! They provided breast and cervical screenings, along with blood pressure screenings, cholesterol, glucose testing, to women who are traditionally underserved and/or underinsured when it comes to accessing healthcare.
- Staff attended over twenty (20) outreach events and breast health presentations, held three (3) Pink Ribbon Teas for breast cancer survivors, one (1) ¡VIDA! Multicultural Outreach and Screening event; and one (1) educational conference with Christiana Care – Every Woman Matters.
- Great Stuff Savvy and Home had a FANTASTIC month. They ran a month long customer appreciation month with DAILY incentives to shop.
- And among all that, we continued to assist countless women, men, and their families through our programs and services which will allows us to serve as Delaware’s most trusted breast cancer resource!
Special thanks to all of our 2017 October partners. If we missed you, please contact email@example.com to add your name to the list. It was only an accident if you were left off. 🙂
Bel Boutique, Big Fish Grill Rehoboth, Big Fish Grill Ocean View, Big Fish Grill Glen Mills, and Big Fish Grill Riverfront, Blooming Boutique, Iron Hill, Brickworks, Capitol School District, Chaiyo Dover Sushi & Thai, Columbus Inn, Continental Jewelers, Deer Park Tavern, News Journal/Delaware Online and Delaware Auto Show, Gatehouse Media, Del-One Federal Credit Union, Dewey Goes Pink (Starboard & Body Shop Fitness Rehoboth), Delaware Sports League, Sussex Tech Volleyball, Fusion Fitness, Georgetown Car Show, Bayhealth Go Pink!, Harvest Ridge Winery, McAleer School of Irish Dance, Kings Tire and Lube Milford, Lefty’s Alley and Eats, Katie O’Rourke LuLaRoe, Melodic Movements Dance Team and Performing Arts Program, DBCC’s Monster Mile for a Cause sponsors and participants, Dover International Speedway, Painting for a Cause at Glasgow Park Barn, Tonic, Oxford Feed and Lumber, Pink Ribbon Boutique, Plantantion Lakes, Salon Pasca, Something Sweet Gourmet, Tanger Outlets Rehoboth, Currie Hair Skin Nails Glen Mills and Justison Landing, TJ’s Auto Repair Milford and UD Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey.