It’s time to put on your racing shoes because on Wednesday, September 13th, the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition is holding its first annual Battle on the Turf 5k Run/Walk and 1.5 mile Fun Walk. This event is at the DE Turf Sports Complex in Frederica, Delaware and will start at 6:30 p.m. It is open to women, men, and children of all ages and is family friendly!
Now here are a few things that you need to know about the event:
- You can register before the event at races2run.com/events/battle-on-the-turf-5k/ for $25 until September 11th.
- You can also register for Battle on the Turf the day of the race for $30 starting at 5:00 p.m.
- You can register as an individual or as part of a team.
- The event doesn’t just end the minute you cross the line as there will be REFRESHMENTS, MUSIC, AND AWARDS!
- The awards given out after the race are for the top males and females in various age groups along with team awards that will be given out.
And what is this 5k helping the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition with? Our programs! This 5k will benefit our programs that:
- Increase breast cancer awareness
- Promote the importance of early detection
- Provide access to mammograms and bilingual screening navigators
- Offer support and resources to women and men in the community that are newly diagnosed or facing a recurrence of breast cancer.
All of this would not be possible without our sponsors & Supporters: DE Turf Sports Complex, Bayhealth, Dover Colonial Rotary, Dedicated to Women ObGyn, Wesley College, L&W Insurance, Eagle 97.7 FM, Races2Run, SODEL Concepts, and UnitedHealthCare.
We look forward to seeing you on September 13th at DE Turf Complex!